“Telehealth” Online Physiotherapist | Exercise Physiologist
Telehealth (online video consultations) is available in addition to our services that we continue as face-to-face consultations within our Kogarah & Ramsgate clinics. We are continuing to support our GPs, specialists, hospital departments and community by being primary care (first-contact) practitioners and an ‘essential’ service throughout the Coronavirus [COVID-19] crisis.
From the comfort of your own home or workplace, Video health consultations are especially important in our elderly community, people under isolation and the vulnerable in our population, however it is open to everyone as we believe high quality physiotherapy and exercise physiology care should be accessible to all.
What to expect during an online video consultation
Telehealth video consultations are available for all of our Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology services.
THE ONLINE CONSULTATION PROCESS
The online consultation process is almost the same as if you were to visit us in the clinic. You still receive all of the benefits, just delivered online instead.
1. TESTING & ASSESSMENT
Prior to your online consult your practitioner will:
- Have you complete and fill in a health related form to learn more about you, your medical history & to ensure your specific issue is suitable for your upcoming consultation
- We will ensure you have the appropriate system on your device for the telehealth consultation
2. HISTORY & DIAGNOSIS
A thorough assessment by our qualified physiotherapist or exercise physiologist will diagnose the issue and create a tailored rehabilitation/treatment plan for you via any combination of online visual, video consultations and secure messaging.
We will then provide the treatment, advice, education and rehabilitation exercises needed to get you out of pain and back to what you love doing as fast as possible.
Your Practitioner will create a plan to meet your needs, and then communicate it to your computer via written report, online video, and to your phone.
To make you stay on track and ensure a complete recovery, also to prevent the injury from recurring down the track we will provide you with a complete injury prevention program
- Be rest assured, if we feel that you do need to see a health professional face to face, we continue to provide this service at our clinics in Kogarah and Ramsgate.
How do I book a Telehealth Consultation?
Appointments can be booked through our website or by clicking on link below
How do I access the Telehealth Consultation?
Once you are booked you will receive an email inviting you to start or join a scheduled meeting. You will then follow some prompts to lead you to commencing a face-to-face consult with your physiotherapist or exercise physiologist.
Why should I consider Telehealth?
- It is a viable alternative when either you or your Practitioner cannot access the clinic such as during the current restrictions or self-isolation with the current Coronavirus [covid-19] crisis
- You will have access to a therapist with extensive experience of assessing and treating clients
- The likelihood of developing a chronic condition is more likely when treatment is delayed
- If you would like to save time and have the convenience of expert healthcare in your own home
- If you are unable to attend a clinic location due to a changing situation
- If you would like access to expert practitioners who may not be available in the area you live
- You don’t like the physical touch involved in an in person session
- You have restrictions, such as injury or disability, which is preventing you from travelling
- You have been given a diagnosis, but would like an expert second opinion
- You live overseas or in a rural or remote area
What injuries are appropriate for an online consultation?
We have successfully treated people with conditions such as:
- Neck pain – disc herniation, cervical spondylosis, cervical pain
- Lower back pain – disc bulges, muscle spasm and sciatic nerve issues
- Shoulder pain – bursitis, rotator cuff tears, impingement, instability
- Knee pain – osteoarthritis, tendon pain, bursitis and post surgical rehab
- Ankle pain – ligament sprains, achilles tendon pain, plantar fasciitis
- Hip pain – hip bursitis (trochanteric bursitis), hip flexor pain and hip arthritis
- Chronic pain
- Muscle weakness
- Post-operative management
- Fracture management and weaning out of immobilisation braces, crutches, splints and walker boots
Can I claim Medicare for online consultations?
Yes, Medicare offers rebates for telehealth services. You may be entitled to a Medicare GP Management Plan and it is advised you speak to your general practitioner regarding use of this service. If you are eligible for the care plan, we will bulk bill you for your telehealth consultation under this plan.
Can I claim a private health rebate for my Telehealth Consultation?
Several private health funds have agreed to provide benefits for individual (one-on-one) telehealth consultations, subject to the following conditions:
• The client is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the client has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
• For new client’s, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
• The primary condition being treated is one of:
o Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
o Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
o Cardiac rehabilitation
o Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
o pelvic floor muscle training
• The service is delivered before 30 September 2020, and
• The service is undertaken in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association guidelines.
What does a session cost?
An online consultation is $100 for a 40minute initial appointment and $90 for a 30minute subsequent appointment to help address one area of injury.
How do we communicate online?
A telehealth consultation is a face-to-face consultation via electronic media using Zoom or Skype systems (computer, tablet or mobile phone) to assess, diagnose and treat a client.
How do I pay for the Telehealth Consultation?
Direct Deposit: You will be sent an invoice to pre-pay prior to the consultation into a dedicated bank account. Once payment is made we request you send confirmation of payment to email@example.com.
Book Online: You will be taken to the Stripe’s payment processing platform upon booking your consultation for pre-payment.
Over the phone: Contact 0295879130 if you prefer to pay over the phone.
Can I use NDIS for online consultations?
Yes, you can use your NDIS funding. We currently only have the capacity to work with self-managed and plan-managed NDIS clients.
Can I have an online consultation using my claim details under WorkCover or Third Party?
Yes. We have SIRA accredited Physiotherapists and an Exercise Physiologist to help you for a work related injury or motor vehicle accident to help you alleviate your symptoms and get you back on track with the things you enjoy! The payment will be covered by the insurer (as approved) for these telehealth services. We will require the Certificate of Capacity from your doctor, case managers details and the claim number and you’re then all set!
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact the clinic on 02 95879130.