Late Cancellation and Failure to Attend Policy
We will send an SMS to confirm your appointment one day prior to your appointment. Please make sure we have your latest contact details to assist us in this process.
We understand that occasionally unforeseen circumstances can occur where it may be difficult for you to attend your appointment. Our team will consider the circumstances of cancelling an appointment and use some discretion in charging a cancellation fee. By accepting an appointment time, you the patient, agrees to adhere to the policies outlined below:
- If it is necessary to reschedule or cancel your appointment, please do so before 5pm the previous business day.
- Any cancellation made with less than 4 business hours notice may incur a cancellation fee of $50.
- Failure to attend an appointment or providing less than 2 business hours notice will incur a cancellation fee of $50.
- All outstanding fees must be paid prior to booking a new appointment.
- We request that patients arrive 5 minutes prior to their appointment time.
- We regret that late arrivals may not receive an extension of their scheduled appointment and will be charged in accordance with their scheduled appointment as this time has been allocated to you. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and will only occur with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. If your therapist is running late, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will receive your full scheduled appointment allocation.
- Policies apply to all patients including private patients, workers compensation, third party, DVA and medicare GP management plan patients.
- All fees will be calculated at our private consultation fee rates. Sometimes our physiotherapists can be running late because patients are late or we may have a patient with an acute condition that needs extra time. We hope you will understand this and we appreciate your patience. Your treatment time will still be devoted to you.
For further information, please speak with us directly at the clinic. Your co-operation and consideration of others is appreciated.